You make these really simple cookies by just pouring 7 things into a baking pan and baking them for half an hour. For the butterscotch chips, see if you can avoid the Nestle ones that have a sort of artificial taste to them. The organic and trendy section of your grocer may have other kinds. You can also use Reese’s peanut butter chips instead.
- 1/4 lb butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (6 oz pkg)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz pkg)
- 1 14 oz can Eagle brand (sweetened) condensed milk
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt the butter in a microwave, 2 minutes at 50% power works well.
- Pour the butter into the bottom of a 10 x 13 baking pan.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs, followed by the coconut, butterscotch chips, and chocolate chips.
- Pour the Eagle brand milk over the chip mixture.
- Top with the chopped nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Cool and cut out squares to cool further on a wire rack. When completely cool, cut the squares into smaller cookies.