The delicate flavor of scallops is a marvelous treat whenever they are in season. Sea scallops are the bigger scallops; the little ones are called bay scallops and are best used in dishes like Coquille St Jacques.
This recipe is so easy, you should start the rice you serve it with first, in a pan, an Instant Pot or a rice cooker. Then preheat the oven. We got our idea from one by Christine Laliberte.
- About 1 lb sea scallops (around 16)
- 5 Tb melted butter
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, chopped in short lengths, green part included
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 Tb olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Lemon wedges or sliced for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Place the scallops, melted butter and chopped scallions in a bowl
- Add the garlic, using a garlic press or just mince it.
- Add salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, add the breadcrumbs and mix in the olive oil.
- Place scallop mixture in a casserole and cover with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 11 minutes or more, until brown.
- Sprinkle parsley over the browned breadcrumbs and serve with rice.