Here is a simple, quick recipe you can put together in a couple of minutes and then bake for 50 minutes and serve. It’s that easy!
- 1 frying chicken (3 ½ to 4 lbs) cut up
- 1 4 oz stick butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups light cream
- ½ cup dry sherry
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375˚ F
- Cut of the chicken, discarding the backs and wing tips. Remove most of the skin.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and brown the chicken parts for a few minute son each side. The chicken need not be cooked.
- Remove the chicken pieces to an oven-proof casserole.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute the onion in the butter until softened and then add the onion and remaining butter to the casserole
- Add the cream and the sherry.
- Cover the casserole and bring the cream mixture to a slow boil.
9. Place the casserole in the oven and cook for 50 minutes
10. Remove from the oven. You should have a rich, clotted sauce.
11. Serve the chicken with rice and a vegetable. Be sure to serve the sauce, too.
Serve with any vegetable you like.